Gaining Your consent
When you use the services of Bright Futures Psychotherapy, you will be informed how the information you provide will be used, stored and destroyed. At times, it may also be necessary to share this information, if you do not want your information shared, you can state this. However, there are certain circumstances when I may still need to share it. For example:
* For any purposes discussed with you when you supply your information
* In order to protect a child, vulnerable adult, yourself or the public from harm or abuse
* For the prevention and detection of a crime
* If I am legally compelled by a court or law.
What information is collected
When using the services of Bright Futures Psychotherapy you may give personal information including:
* Personal details
* Family, lifestyle and social circumstances
* Financial details
* Employment and education detail
You may also provide sensitive personal information including:
* Physical or mental health details
* Racial or ethnic origin
* Religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
* Offences and alleged offences
This information may be obtained in person by filling in forms, by phone or email. Information about you may also be received from other sources, such as Google Analytics.
Each time you visit this site, the following information may be automatically collected.
*Technical information - including the internet Protocol address used to connect your computer to the internet; your browser type and version; the time zone setting and your operating system and platform.
* Information about your visit - including your clicks to, through and from this site, the pages you view or search for, the length of your visit to certain pages and your page interaction information, such as scrolling and link clicks.
What your information is used for
Your information may be used to:
* Respond to any enquiries you make
* Provide information and services you request
* Carry out the contract agreed between us
Contact you regarding appointments and service feedbacl
* Tell you about changes to the service
* Identify and protect those at risk of harm or abuse, including yourself
* Maintain accurate records and accounts, and to operate the business
* Meet statutory obligations, for example by insurers or professional bodies
* Administer and improve this site
* Advertise the business
* Aid training and learning
How your information is protected
Any information you provide is confidential, except when I have a professional or legal obligation to share it (as outlined above in the Gaining your consent section) or in circumstances where you authorise it to be shared. Your information is stored securely and access to it is controlled and restricted. Information is securely destroyed in accordance with the minimum time period stated by legal and professional regulations.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although i endeavour to protect your personal data, the security of information transmitted to this site or via email, text message or voicemail cannot be guaranteed. Any personal information you send is at your own risk. Once i have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How to access and amend your information
You can request access to the information held about you. You may also ask for this personal information to be amended or deleted. I will provide this, except in circumstances where I am required to keep the information for legal, professional or auditing purposes. Any request for your information to be accessed, shared, amended or deleted must be in writing.
Who to contact
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller for Bright Futures Psychotherapy is Nicky Adams. I am responsible for collecting and processing your personal information. Processing includes the retrieval, organisation, use, protection, and deletion or destruction of information, and its disclosure to other agencies.
Questions, comments, information access and amendment requests should be addressed to Nicky Adams, Lifeways Therapy Centre, 30, Albany Road, Stratford Upon Avon, WarwIckshire, CV376PG or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
ICO Reference number : ZA421869